I want to truncate my string field type due to its number of bytes limit. I
wrote the following in my schema:

<fieldType name="string" class="solr.StrField" sortMissingLast="true"/>
  <analyzer type="index">
      <filter class="solr.TruncateTokenFilterFactory" prefixLength="32700"/>
   </analyzer>
   <analyzer type="query">
      <filter class="solr.TruncateTokenFilterFactory" prefixLength="32700"/>
   </analyzer>
</fieldType>

However, I found that StrField (string) does not support specifying an
analyzer. Besides, prefixLength in TruncateTokenFilterFactory could not be
more than 1000.

I want to have the same application of string. Do you think it is reasonable
to use  "text_general" field type with solr.KeywordTokenizerFactory filter
to have the same application? Do I lose any feature?

If I use text_general, it is not needed to truncate.