Admin UI just hits Solr for a particular URL with specific parameters.
You could totally call it from the command line, but it _would_ need
to be an HTTP client of some sort. You could encode all of the
parameters into the DIH (or a new) handler, it is all defined in
solrconfig.xml (/dataimport is the default one).

If you don't have curl, maybe you have wget? Or lynx? Or, just for
giggles, you could Telnet into port 80 and manually type the required
command
(http://blog.tonycode.com/tech-stuff/http-notes/making-http-requests-via-telnet/):
GET /dataimport?param=value HTTP/1.0

Regards,
   Alex.
P.s. And yes, maybe bin/post could be used as well. Or the previous
direct java invocation of the posttool jar. May need to massage the
parameters a bit though.