Hi Rohan,

Welcome!

To add just a bit to the good advice from Erick and Alex:

If you want a smaller issue to familiarize yourself with our
development workflow, the "newdev" label is a good place to start (as
the wiki page referenced above points out).  But I would also suggest
taking a look at issues with the "documentation" label, or creating
your own for any inconsistencies you find.  Not all documentation
issues make great starting points, but there's a few reasons I think
they tend to be good first tasks:

- we need our examples to be rock solid, since that's a common first
starting point for those using Solr (as Alex pointed out).  If
anything is unclear as you read through those, getting the docs
improved is really important.
- improving a small piece of the docs is a great way to absorb that
info as you work.
- doc JIRA's tend to be limited in scope to a particular topic or
page, which is great for new contributors
- my gut feeling is that documentation reviews are less intimidating
and are more likely to draw the eyes of a committer

Good luck, and again, welcome.

Jason