On 9/19/2018 8:22 PM, Schaum Mallik wrote:
I have a 3 zookeeper ensemble and 3 solr nodes running version 7.4.0.
Recently I had to restart one node and after I did that it started throwing
this exception.
<snip>
Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: No coreNodeName
for
CoreDescriptor[name=articles;instanceDir=/opt/solr/server/solr/configsets/articles]

It is VERY weird for instanceDir to be under the configsets directory.  Especially for SolrCloud.  I know you're in cloud mode because the ZK-related classes are heavily mentioned in the stacktrace.

Can you share the entire solr.log file after a restart?  If that directory really is the instanceDir, there should be a core.properties file.  What are its contents?

Did you use the service installer script?  If you did, having an instanceDir underneath configsets is even MORE strange.

Thanks,
Shawn