Hi Edwin,

Thanks for following up on this.

So here are the configs :

Memory - 30G - 20 G to Solr
Disk - 1TB
Index = ~ 500G

and I think that it possibly is due to the reason why this could be
happening is that during split shard, the unsplit index + split index
persists on the instance and may be causing this.
I actually tried splitshard on another instance with index size 64G and it
went through without any issues.

I would appreciate if you have additional information to enlighten me on
this issue.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Atita