There is a couple of things mixed in here:
1) Extract handler is not recommended for production usage. It is great for
a quick test, just like you did it, but going to production, running it
externally is better. Tika - especially with large files can use up a lot
of memory and trip up the Solr instance it is running within.
2) If you are still just testing, you can configure Tika within Solr but
specifying parseContent.config file as shown at the link and described
further down in the same document:
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_5/uploading-data-with-solr-cell-using-apache-tika.html#configuring-the-solr-extractingrequesthandler
You still need to check with Tika documentation with Tesseract can take its
configuration from the parseContext file.
3) If you are still testing with multiple files, Data Import Handler can
iterate through files and then - as a nested entity - feed it to Tika
processor for further extraction. I think one of the examples shows that.
However, I am not sure you can pass parseContext that way and DIH is also
not recommended for production.

I hope this helps,
    Alex.