Hi,

Maybe I have been working too little with Solr lately, but I'm stuck on a very
simple problem (in my mind), and need some help.

How can I include the result of a date calculation in the field list?

For example, let's say that the documents in my index contains the date field
'deadline'. When constructing the query, I can add a filter query like:

deadline:[* TO NOW]

But if I don't want to filter on this, but instead include the "deadline
status" (ie past deadline) in the result, how do I achieve that?

I tried:

fl=*,deadline:[* TO NOW]

But then solr complains with the error message "Error parsing fieldname". I
then tried to add an alias, as such:

fl=*,pastDeadline:deadline:[* TO NOW]

and that didn't result in an error, but it didn't give me the result I wanted
either. This resulted in this field in the result:

<date name="pastDeadline">2007-11-15T11:00:00Z</date>

So the pastDeadline simply contains the date value, when I expected a boolean
value "true".

So, how can I achieve this? I would prefer not having to do the date
calculation outside of solr.

We use Solr 6.6.4.

Regards
/Jimi

Svenskt Näringsliv behandlar dina personuppgifter i enlighet med GDPR. Här kan
du läsa mer om vår behandling och dina rättigheter,
Integritetspolicy<https://www.svensktnaringsliv.se/dataskydd/integritet-och-behandling-av-personuppgifter_697219.html?utm_source=sn-email&utm_medium=email>