I am using SolrCloud 7.2.1. My understanding is that setting docvalues=true
would optimize faceting, grouping and sorting; but for a field to be
searchable it needs to be indexed=true. However I was dumbfounded today
when I executed a successful search on a field with below configuration:
<field name="myField" type="pint" indexed="false" stored="false"
docValues="true"/>
However the searches don't always complete and often time out.

My question is...
Is searching on docValues=true and indexed=false fields supported? If yes,
in which cases?
What are the pitfalls (as I see that searches, although sometimes
successful are atrociously slow and quite often time out)?