From: Shawn Heisey [mailto:apa...@elyograg.org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 11:38 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Error:Missing Required Fields for Atomic Updates

On 11/20/2018 9:07 PM, Rajeswari Kolluri wrote:
> Schema version is 1.6 and Solr version is 7.5.
>
> While creating a document , I have provide the required information  to field
> " category".
>
> Now, I would like to update document for other set of fields using Atomic
> Update but not category field.
>
> While performing atomic update ,exception caught with "Missing required field
> on category".

The schema version of 1.6 should make useDocValuesAsStored default to true for
any field type that supports docValues.Usually, the "string"
type is defined using the StrField class, which does support docValues. The
TextField class does not support docValues.

When you do a query for the document that you're trying to update and aren't
restricting things with the fl parameter, is the category field shown in the
search results?  If not, then you won't be able to update that document without
providing the category field.

Thanks,
Shawn