Hi

I have a big problem with one of my solr instances. A commit can take up to
5 minutes. This time does not depend on the number of documents which are
updated. The difference for 1 or 100 updated documents is only a few
seconds. I am running solr on tomcat 5.5 and java 1.6 on Solaris 10 on Sparc
T5220.

The index is about 1.5G and contains ~35.000 documents with several fields
of type string which are only stored but not indexed. These stored fields
contain 1-5K of data. The retrieval of documents is fast as ever. I did not
change the standard values for the main index in the solrconfig.xml. I have
optimised the index several times.

I do have another 2 solr instances with the same number of documents, but
only one of the above mentioned string fields. Here are the indexes about 1G
and commits are very fast.

Is there a way to see why commits are slow? Has anyone had the same problem
and what was the solution that solved it?

I can provide my schema.xml and solrconfig.xml if needed.

Thanks in advance
Uwe