Solr runs on only one port at a time, so there must be some misunderstanding
here.
If you have Solr running on both ports at the same time then you have simply
started a new instance, not reconfigured the previous.

For us to help you more, you will have to provide more details on how you have
installed
and started Solr, where your SOLR_HOME is located etc

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com