Jimi's comment is one of the very common culprits.

Autowarming is another. Are you indexing at the same
time? If so it could well be  you aren't autowarming and
the spikes are caused by using a new IndexSearcher
that has to read much of the index off disk when commits
happen. The "smoking gun" here would be if the spikes
correlate to your commits (soft or hard-with-opensearcher-true).

Best,
Erick