Hey folks,

I'm getting SolrServerExceptions and I'm not sure whether this is by
design or whether this is a concurrency bug of some sort.

Basically I've got a pretty active collection which is being queried all
the time. Periodically, new shards are created (using the Collection
Admin API's CREATESHARD call). Creating the shard takes a certain amount
of time.

If a query is launched during the shard creation, I get a
SolrServerException from SolrJ: Error from server at foo: no servers
hosting shard: bar

This strikes me as odd. It's a new shard that's either still being
created or was just created, it's empty, so it shouldn't affect the
query in any way.

I had a quick nose around the code and found HttpShardHandler to be the
one throwing the exception. But it's unclear to me how or where it's
decided which shards are included in the query execution. Is this a bug?

Thanks,

 - Bram