Based on the discussion in Tika and also on the Jira (TIKA-2814), it was
said that the issue could be with the Solr's ExtractingRequestHandler, in
which the HTMLParser is either not being applied, or is somehow not
stripping the content of <span/> elements. Straight Tika app is able to do
the right thing.

Regards,
Edwin