On 1/22/2019 2:43 PM, Monica Skidmore wrote:
Is anyone successfully running Solr 7x in cloud mode with thousands or more of
collections?  Are there some configurations we should be taking a closer look
at to make this feasible?  Should we try a different replica type?  (We do want
NRT-like query latency, but we also index heavily – this cluster will have 10’s
of millions of documents.)

That many collections will overwhelm SolrCloud.  This issue is marked as fixed, but it's actually not fixed:

SolrCloud simply will not scale to that many collections. I wish I had better news for you.  I would like to be able to solve the problem, but I am not familiar with that particular code.  Getting familiar with the code is a major undertaking.

Thanks,
Shawn