Only use CloudSolrClient if you don’t care about the error return from updates.
For us, that is a fatal flaw that makes CloudSolrClient unacceptable for prod
use.

We use HttpSolrClient directed at the load balancer for the cluster and I
haven’t noticed any speed issues. I expect that forwarding a document ot the
right leader is a small overhead.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wun...@wunderwood.org