CDCR does _not_ replicate to followers, it is a leader<->leader replication
of the raw document.

Once the document has been forwarded to the target's leader, then the
leader on the target system should forward it to followers on that
system just like any other update.

The Solr JIRA is unlikely the problem from what you describe.

1> are you sure you are _committing_ on the target system?
2> "unable to locate core" comes from where? The source? Target?
   CDCR?
3> is your target collection properly set up? Because it sounds
   a bit like your target cluster isn't running in SolrCloud mode.

Best,
Erick