Years ago we did some testing with HTTP compression for search results with the
Ultraseek search engine. It wasn’t faster. It was sometimes slower.

Once you have enough RAM, search is a CPU-limited problem. HTTP compression
uses more CPU to save network bandwidth. But search isn’t limited by network
bandwidth, so this uses more of the bottleneck resource (CPU) to reduce usage
of a plentiful resource (network bandwidth).

Look at the amount of data going in and out of your nodes. I bet it is far
below the maximum.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wun...@wunderwood.org