Haha, looks like Jörn just answered this... onError="skip|continue"

>greatly preferable if the indexing process could ignore exceptions
Please, no.  I'm 100% behind the sentiment that DIH should gracefully
handle Tika exceptions, but the better option is to log the
exceptions, store the stacktraces and report your high priority
problems to Apache Tika and/or its dependencies so that we can fix
them.  Try running tika-eval[0] against a subset of your docs,
perhaps.

That said, DIH's integration with Tika is not intended for robust
production use.  It is intended to get people up to speed quickly and,
effectively, for demo purposes.  I recognize that it is being used in
production around the world, but it really shouldn't be.

See Erick Erickson's[1]:
>But, i wouldn’t really recommend that you just ship the docs to Solr, I’d
>recommend that you build a little program to do the extraction on one or more
>clients, the details of why are here:

>https://lucidworks.com/2012/02/14/indexing-with-solrj/

[0] https://wiki.apache.org/tika/TikaEval
[1]