On 4/11/2019 2:21 AM, Hari Nakka wrote:
Hi Erick, We upgraded JDK to 11. No improvement. Still seeing high cpu utilization randomly.
Attached the full threaddump (tdump.out)  and lwp utilization (high-cpu.out)
there were more than 30 threads (high-cpu-dump.out)taking high cpu. these are different threads. i couldn't find much looking at them. Can you take a look and see if there is any known condition that could be causing  this.

Maybe we need a prominent note on the "mailing lists" page about attachments to the mailing list, saying something like the following:

---
Attachments rarely make it to the list. They are stripped by the mailing list software. If you have files to share with the list, you'll need to find another way to send them. File sharing websites usually work well.
---

We didn't get any attachments from you.

You said you included something called "lwp utilization" ... the only lwp I have ever heard of is a perl module for HTTP, which would have nothing at all to do with high CPU usage in Solr.

Thread dumps are usually not helpful in diagnosing high CPU usage. They contain zero information about which threads are consuming the most CPU.

Thanks,
Shawn