Hi there,

We noticed a sizable performance degradation when we add certain fq filters
to the query even though the result set does not change between the two
queries. I would've expected solr to optimize internally by picking the
most constrained fq filter first, but maybe my understanding is wrong.
Here's an example:

query1: fq = 'field1:* AND field2:value'
query2: fq = 'field2:value'

If we assume that the result set is identical between the two queries and
field1 is in general more frequent in the index, we noticed query1 takes
100x longer than query2. In case it matters field1 is of type tlongs while
field2 is a string.

Any tips for optimizing this?

John