On 4/15/2019 11:36 AM, Mike Phillips wrote:
I don't understand why highlighting does not return anything but the document
id.
I created a core imported all my data, everything seems like it should be
working.
 From reading the documentation I expect it to show me highlight information for
assetName around Potter, but I never get anything but the document id (assetId)

I'll caution you that I do not know very much about highlighting at all. I've only toyed with it, have never actually USED it for real.

But I do think you need the fields you're interested in doing highlighting on in the hl.fl parameter. This parameter is not shown in the output you shared.

I also think that the fields you want to highlight on must be included in the query, so that position data is found, but I am not positive about this -- I could be wrong.

If you share the entry from solr.log where the query is logged, we will be able to see ALL of the parameters used for that query, even if they are not echoed in the results. You could also add "echoParams=all" to the parameter list to see all of the parameters in the response.

Thanks,
Shawn