Hello Everyone,

I want to write unit tests for some solr queries which are being triggered
through java code. These queries includes complex streaming expressions and
faceting queries which requires large number of documents to be present in
solr index. I can not create and push so many documents programmatically
through my tests.

I am trying to find a way to test these queries without depending on
externally running solr instance. I found following approach which is using
classes like EmbeddedSolrServer and CoreContainer. We can put index files
and solr configuration on classpath and run the tests against them.

https://dzone.com/articles/junit-testing-for-solr-6

However, this seems to be an old approach and I am trying to find a way to
do it using latest solr-test-framework. I also can not use old approach
because I want to test Streaming Expressions as well and I need
SolrCloudClient for that.
In solr-test-framework, I found MiniSolrCloudCluster class but I don't know
how to use pre-created index files and configuration with that.

Does anyone know how we can use pre-created index files and configuration
with latest test-framework? What is the recommended way to do such kind of
testing? Any direction with this would be really helpful.

Thanks!
Pratik