Hello,

I have upgraded one of our boxes to Solr 8.1.0 on RHEL 7.6 with Java 12.0.1.  I
also had a certificate up for renewal and I went through my regular process of
creating the certificate and key.  Now I get a
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH error.  I have gotten this before however,
that was due to me adding the certificate into the keystore.   Here are the
list of cmds I that have run.

keytool -import -trustcacerts -alias root -file RootCA.cer -keystore
solr-ssl.keystore.jks
keytool -import -trustcacerts -alias POL1 -file Pol1CA.cer -keystore
solr-ssl.keystore.jks
keytool -import -trustcacerts -alias SUB1 -file Sub1CA.cer -keystore
solr-ssl.keystore.jks
keytool -import -trustcacerts -alias SUB2 -file Sub2CA.cer -keystore
solr-ssl.keystore.jks

openssl pkcs12 -export -in solr.cer -inkey solrpk.key > solr-ssl.p12

keytool -importkeystore -srckeystore solr-ssl.keystore.jks -destkeystore
solr-ssl.keystore.jks -deststoretype pkcs12

solr.in.sh

# Enables HTTPS. It is implictly true if you set SOLR_SSL_KEY_STORE. Use this
config
# to enable https module with custom jetty configuration.
#SOLR_SSL_ENABLED=true
# Uncomment to set SSL-related system properties
# Be sure to update the paths to the correct keystore for your environment
SOLR_SSL_KEY_STORE=/opt/solr-8.1.0/solr-ssl.keystore.jks
SOLR_SSL_KEY_STORE_PASSWORD=password
SOLR_SSL_TRUST_STORE=/opt/solr-8.1.0/solr-ssl.keystore.jks
SOLR_SSL_TRUST_STORE_PASSWORD=password
# Require clients to authenticate
SOLR_SSL_NEED_CLIENT_AUTH=false
# Enable clients to authenticate (but not require)
SOLR_SSL_WANT_CLIENT_AUTH=false
# SSL Certificates contain host/ip "peer name" information that is validated by
default. Setting
# this to false can be useful to disable these checks when re-using a
certificate on many hosts
#SOLR_SSL_CHECK_PEER_NAME=true
# Override Key/Trust Store types if necessary
SOLR_SSL_KEY_STORE_TYPE=JKS
SOLR_SSL_TRUST_STORE_TYPE=JKS

Thank you,

Kent Younge