Yes, the IDFs will be different. You could probably implement a custom
component that would take term statistics from the previous collections to
pre-populate the stats of the current collection, but this is an uncharted
area, there’s a lot that could go wrong. Eg. if there’s a genuine shift in the
term distribution in more recent documents then you probably would not want the
old statistics to skew the more recent results, at least you would want to use
some weighting factor - and at this point predicting the final term IDFs (and
consequently document rankings) becomes quite complicated.