We have only a handful of fields that are stored and many (non Text) fields
which are neither stored nor have docValues :-(

Looks like giving Luke a shot is the answer. Can you point me to an example
to extract the fields from inverted Index using Luke.

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 11:52 AM Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Well, if they’re all docValues or stored=true, sure. It’d be kind of
> slow.. The short form is “if you can specify fl=f1,f2,f3…. for all your
> fields and see all your values, then it’s easy if slow”.
>
> If that works _and_ you are on Solr 4.7+ cursorMark will help the “deep
> paging” issue.
>
> If they’re all docValues, you could use the /export handler to dump them
> all to a file and re-index that.
>
> If none of those are possible, you can do this but it’d be quite painful.
> Luke can reassemble a document (lossily for text fields, but in this case
> it’d be OK since they’re simple types) by examining the inverted index and
> pulling out the values. Painfully slow and you’d have to write custom code
> probably at the Lucene level to make it all work.
>
> Best,
> Erick
>
> > On May 22, 2019, at 8:11 AM, Pushkar Raste <pushkar.ra...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I know this is a long shot. I am trying move from Solr4 to Solr7.
> > Reindexing all the data from the source is difficult to do in a
> reasonable
> > time. All the fields are of basic types like int, long, float, double,
> > Boolean, date,  string.
> >
> > Since these fields don’t have analyzers, I was wondering if these fields
> > can be retrieved while iterating over index while reading the documents.
> > --
> > — Pushkar Raste
>
> --
— Pushkar Raste