On 5/23/2019 9:56 AM, Paul wrote:
Thanks for the reply Shawn.

What I was asking is whether there is an option to exclude the comms to SQL
from SOLR managed encryption as the JDBC driver manages the connection and
SOLR is acting as the Client in this instance and is already using encrypted
comms via the connection string parameters.

Enabling SSL should have no *direct* effect on JDBC.

But it might have an indirect effect by changing some of Java's SSL settings that in turn could filter down to the JDBC driver.

I would think that explicitly telling the JDBC driver to not validate the cert with Microsoft's "trustCertificate=true" option would fix this. Other than trying it, you would have to verify that with Microsoft.

Thanks,
Shawn