I have 4 instances of Solr running on 3 servers with a replication factor of 3.
They are using ports 10001 -10004

Server 1 10.xxx.xxx.75
Server 2 10.xxx.xxx.220
Server 3 10.xxx.xxx.245

When I execute the command to do the restore to a new cluster it create each
master with the same IP address and port but all subsequent replicas are create
correctly.  Why does it create the master using the same server and port?

This means that one of the 4 solr instances on server  10.xxx.xxx.75 is
managing 4 shards of data while some of the other instances are not managing
any shards of data.

I now that running more than one instances of Solr on the same server is not
standard but I can setup this same cluster with 4 instances of Solr running on
a single server and the create collection command is smart enough to figure it
out.

Shard1
10.xxx.xxx.75:10002        master
10.xxx.xxx.220:10001     repl