Hi Midas,

Your question will probably attract more useful answers if you provide
better details. What version of solr, How many nodes, and any associated
error messages from the logs. I see you asking questions that nobody can
answer because we don't know the details of your system, or why you are
asking. It's important to remember, that people on the list don't know
anything about your system unless you tell them. For example one reason
version matters is that, optimize is sometimes useful, but in some older
versions of solr it can cause also cause issues (depending on use case)
https://lucidworks.com/2017/10/13/segment-merging-deleted-documents-optimize-may-bad/
)

This may be useful reading for you:
http://opensourcestrategies.blogspot.com/2005/09/how-to-get-support-from-open-source.html