Hello Christopher,

Ralph,

On 6/2/19 16:32, Ralph Soika wrote:
The whole system is highly transactional as it runs on Java EE with
JPA and Session EJBs.
And you write-through from your application -> RDBMS -> Lucene/Solr?

How are you handling commits (both soft and hard) and re-opening the

we use "Change Data Capture" events which we write during a transaction into the RDBMS.

The Lucene Service consumes this event log entries async. E.g. if a search request occurs. So we have the guarantee the the search result contains only commited data. This works great and is fast enough  because in the worst case only the first search request will be delayed with the small amount of updating new entries from another completed transaction.

===

Raph