Hi,

I’m running Solr on Ubuntu 18.04 (32-bit) using OpenJDK 10.0.2. Up until now I
have had no problem with Solr (started running it since 4.x), however after
upgrading from 7.x to 8.x I am getting serious memory issues.

I have a small repository of 30,000 documents currently using Solr 7.1 for the
search function (for the last two years without issue). I attempted an upgrade
to 8.1.1 and tried to perform a full reindex however, it manages about 1000
documents and then dies from lack of memory (or so it says). I tried 8.1.0 with
the same result. I then tried 8.0.0 which did successfully manage a full
reindex but then after performing a couple of search queries died from lack of
memory. I then tried 7.7.2 which worked fine. I have now gone back to my
original 7.1 as I can’t risk 8.x in my production system. Has anyone else had
these issues with 8.x?

Note that I did increase Xmx to 1024m (previously 512m) but that made no
difference, it may be some other resource than memory, but if it is, it isn’t
saying so, and it’s such a small repository it doesn’t seem to make sense to be
running out of memory.

Scott.