Is there some step I am missing here? Policies seem to be entirely ignored in
this new cluster and I am at a loss. Is there some default setting that will
cause autoscaling to be ignored?

________________________________
From: Andrew Kettmann
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 1:04:21 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Solr 7.7.2 - Autoscaling in new cluster ignoring sysprop rules,
possibly all rules

Using docker 7.7.2 image

Solr 7.7.2 on new Znode on ZK. Created the chroot using solr zk mkroot.

Created a policy:

{'set-policy': {'banana': [{'replica': '#ALL',
                            'sysprop.HELM_CHART': 'notbanana'}]}}

No errors on creation of the policy.

I have no nodes that have that value for the system property "HELM_CHART", I
have nodes that contain "banana" and "rulesos" for that value only.

I create the collection with a call to the /admin/collections:

{'action': 'CREATE',
 'collection.configName': 'project-solr-7',
 'name': 'banana',
 'numShards': '2',
 'policy': 'banana',
 'replicationFactor': '2'}

and it creates the collection without an error. Which what I expected was the
collection creation to fail. This is the behavior I had seen in the past, but
after tearing down and recreating the cluster in a higher environment, it does
not appear to function.

Is there some prerequisite before policies will be respected? The .system
collection is in place as expected, and I am not seeing anything in the logs on
the overseer to suggest any problems.

[https://storage.googleapis.com/e24-email-images/e24logonotag.png]<https://www.evolve24.com>
 Andrew Kettmann
DevOps Engineer
P: 1.314.596.2836
[LinkedIn]<https://linkedin.com/company/evolve24> [Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/evolve24>  [Instagram]
<https://www.instagram.com/evolve_24>

evolve24 Confidential & Proprietary Statement: This email and any attachments
are confidential and may contain information that is privileged, confidential
or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. It is intended for the use of
the recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have
received this communication in error, please do not read, print, copy,
retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Please delete this
email and attachments, without reading, printing, copying, forwarding or saving
them, and notify the Sender immediately by reply email. No confidentiality or
privilege is waived or lost by any transmission in error.