Thank you for the reply  We are using Solr to maintain a state and kick off
certain processing steps on the file. I am trying to tighten up this
timing.  I understand this is not a great system but it's sort of what I'm
stuck with. I've been reading over the NRT documents and adjusting my
commitWithin time down to about 1 second. I'm getting pretty good results
this way.  Is there another suggestion about how I might get a single field
with a state out of a doc in NRT without adjusting these fields?  I forgot
to mention I'm using 4.10.