Hi,

I've got a SolrCloud Instance running and implemented currency field via
OpenEchangeRatesOrtProvider
and wondered why we've reached the limit as refreshInterval has been set to 60.

For the sake of testings I've downloaded the currency-file to a local webserver
and discovered, updated
the schema.xml to reflect the URL with the JSON file on the webserver like
follows:

 <fieldType name="currency" class="solr.CurrencyField" precisionStep="8"
           providerClass="solr.OpenExchangeRatesOrgProvider"
           refreshInterval="60"
           ratesFileLocation="http://192.168.1.23/currencies.json";
multiValued="false"/>

Checking through the logs from the Webserver shows that Solr calls
currencies.json like 5 Million times!
since this log rotation this morning around 06:00 am.

So the question is: are there known bugs in Solr 5.5.5, especially in SolrCloud
with two Solr nodes and
solr.OpenExchangeRatesOrgProvider? I thought by setting refreshInterval="60"
Solr should only query or
update it's currencies every 60 minutes? Instead it looks like every query
generates a call to the
OXR provider? Any hints on this?

Thanks,
Werner