Hi Shawn,

>The DatePointField class defaults to docValues="true" and
>useDocValuesAsStored="true".  Unless those parameters are changed,
>if the field is defined for a document, it will typically be in search results.

Just checking, I'm fine with ExpirationDate appearing in the results, it's the
index IDX_ExpirationDate that I don't want in the results.

So you are saying that I should add  docValues="false" or
docValuesAsStored="false" to the indexed but not stored field?:

<field name="IDX_ExpirationDate" type="pdate" indexed="true" stored="false"
multiValued="true" />

I have other IDX_ fields defined that are not pdate and they don't appear in
results, that's what's confusing me, for example:

<field name="IDX_Country" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="false"
multiValued="true" />

Thanks,
Rick