Good afternoon!

Thank you for your recent email regarding a career opportunity!

For your reference, here are links to my updated cover letter and resume.

Cover Letter -
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TUi_KeuqcruESeypu5S3-krEOKulxL51
Resume - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nVRPm-dFVvvjeHK-jmvQOCoyS1uXz4OX

You will find detailed information on my background and desired opportunity
type in these documents.

Please feel free to contact me if you feel you have project which fits my
skills and desired opportunity type.

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 7:47 AM profiuser <upda...@profimedia.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have something about 400 000 000 items in a solr collection.
> We have set up auto commit property for this collection to 15 minutes.
> Is a big collection and we using some caches etc. Therefore we have big
> autocommit value.
>
> This have disadvantage that we haven't NRT searches.
>
> We would like to have NRT at least for searching for the newly added items.
>
> We read about new functionality "Category routed alilases" in a solr
> version
> 8.1.
>
> And we got an idea, that we could add to our collection schema field for
> routing.
> And at the time of indexing we check if item is new and to routing field we
> set up value "new", or the item is older than some time period we set up
> value to "old".
> And we will have one category routed alias routedCollection, and there will
> be 2 collections old and new.
>
> If we index new item, router choose new collection and this item is
> inserted
> to it. After some period we reindex item and we decide that this item is
> old
> and to routing field we set up value "old". Router decide to update
> (insert)
> item to collection old. But we expect that solr automatically check
> uniqueness in all routed collections. And if solr found item in other
> collection, than will be automatically deleted. But not !!!
>
> Is this expected behaviour?
>
> Could be used this functionality for issue we have? Or could someone
> suggest
> another solution, which ensure that we have all new items ready for NRT
> searches?
>
> Thanks for your help

*Anthony J. Gatlin*
*Creative Problem Solver*

Phone: (601) 342-0157
Skype: anthony.gatlin
170 Pine Grove Rd, Heidelberg, MS 39439-3235
Stack Overflow: https://stackoverflow.com/story/anthonygatlin
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/anthonygatlin/

Please feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn and Skype.