On 8/28/2019 1:58 PM, Pushkar Raste wrote:
What does this exception really affect.

I believe it is related in some way to how Lucene uses Java's MMAP capability to access data on disk. The MMAP functionality that Lucene uses required changes to properly support later Java versions. There were also probably other changes required.

I have no idea whether or not Lucene can still function properly when you run into that exception. Your experience suggests that it can, but you're in untested territory, and you may find, as Jörn was saying, that in the long run you are damaging your index and that it could stop working in some catastrophic way.

Thanks,
Shawn