Hi,

I am building a service where I have to continously read data from a Solr
collection and insert it into another database. Collection will receive
daily updates. Initial size of collection is very large. After I have
indexed whole data(through cursor mark), on daily basis I want to only do
incremental inserts.

My documents don't have anything like timestamp which I can use to fetch
"only newly added" documents after a certain point. Is there any internal
field which I can use to create this checkpoint and then later use that to
fetch "only incremental updates" from that point onwards?

I initially tried to sort the document by ID and use last fetched cursor
mark, but my unique-ID field is a string and there is NO guarantee that
newly added document's ID will be in sorted order.

Solr version is 8.2.0.

Regards,
Vidit