This is strange -- I can't reproduce, and I can't see any evidence of a
change to explain why this might have been failing 8 days ago but not any
more.

Are you still seeing this error?

The lines in question are XML comments inside of (example) code blocks (in
the ref-guide source), which is valid and the
'checkForUnescapedSymbolSubstitutions' groovy function that generates the
error below already has allowances for this posibility.

(normally putting '->' in asciidoctor source files is a bad idea and
renders as giberish, which is why we have this check)

I wonder if it's possible that something in the local ENV where you are
running ant is causing the groovy regex patterns to be evaluated
differently? (ie: mismatched unix/windows line endings, LANG that doesn't
use UTF-8, etc...)

: I've checked out lucene-solr project, branch "branch_8x"

: When I run "ant precommit" at project root, I get these validation
: errors on "analytics.adoc" file.  Has anyone seen these before, and if
: you knew of a fix?

: validate-source-patterns:
:
: [source-patterns] Unescaped symbol "->" on line #46:
solr/solr-ref-guide/src/analytics.adoc
:
: [source-patterns] Unescaped symbol "->" on line #55:
solr/solr-ref-guide/src/analytics.adoc

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/