I was going to file a bug in JIRA for this, but it said to discuss first on the
user mailing list:
I upgraded to Solr 8.2.0 and Zookeeper 3.5.5.  I added all the System
properties and the missing "netty-all-4.1.29.Final.jar" file from zookeeper and
put it in the classpath for solr.  Encrypted Zookeeper client from Solr to
Zookeeper works.

The problem is on the Solr ZK Status Page, which opens a unencrypted socket to
Zookeeper, and then gets an empty response.
Here's my brief description for the bug:
On the Admin UI, ZK Status page reports an error when Zookeeper is using SSL
for client connections.

The error is:  Empty response from Zookeeper at x.x.x.x:2281
If you look at the org.apache.solr.handler.admin.ZookeeperStatusHandler class,
it uses the method getZkRawResponse which opens a socket and sends unencrypted
four letter commands.
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/master/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/handler/admin/ZookeeperStatusHandler.java#L227
Thanks,
Ryan Rockenbaugh

"Do all the good you can, By all the means you can, In all the ways
you can, In all the places you can, At all the times you can, To all
the people you can, As long as ever you can."

 - John Wesley