Hello, looking for some advice, I have the suspicion we are doing Facets all
wrong. We host financial information and recently "tagged" our pages with
appropriate Facets. We have built a Flat design. Are we going at it the wrong
way?

In Solr we have a "Tags" field, based on some magic we tagged each page on the
site with a number of the below example Facets. We have the UI team sending
queries in the form of 1) q=get a loan&fq=Tags:Retirement, 2) q=get a
loan&fq=Tags:Retirement AND Tags:Move Money. This restricts the resultset
hopefully guiding the user to their desired result. Something about it doesn’t
seem right. Is this right with a flat single level pattern like what we have?
Should each doc have multiple Fields to map to different values? Any help is
appreciated. Thanks!

Example Facets:
Brokerage
Retirement
Open an Account
Move Money
Estate Planning
Etc..

Brett
This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and
then delete it.

TIAA