If this is about a normalized query, I would put the normalization text
into a specific field.  The reason for this is you may want to search the
overall text during any form of expansion phase of searching for data.
That is, maybe you want to know the context of up to the 120th word.  At
least you have both.
Also, you may want to note which normalized fields were truncated or were
simply too small. This would give some guidance as to the bias of the
normalization.  If 95% of the fields were not truncated, there is a chance
you are not doing good at normalizing because you have a set of
particularly short messages.  So I would expect a small set of side fields
remarking this.  This would allow you to carry the measures along with the
data.

tim