On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 16:09:17 +0200
Jarek Zgoda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> They came to such expectations seeing Solr's own Spellcheck at work -
> if it can suggest correct versions, it should be able to sanitize
> broken words in documents and search them using sanitized input. For
> me, this seemed reasonable request (of course, if this can be achieved
> reasonably abusing solr's spellcheck component).

don't forget that the solr spellchecker finds its suggestions based on your
corpus. so if you don't have a correctly spelt version of wordA , you won't
receive back wordA as a 'spellchecked' version of that word. I think that's how
it works by default (which is all I've needed so far).
I *think* there is a way to use an external spellchecker (component or list) -
so you could have your full list of Polish words in a file, i guess....

I agree playing with analysis.jsp is the best approach to solving these
problems ( tick all the boxes and see how the changes to your terms take place).

good luck - let us know what you come up with :)

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to
frighten you." Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Warned.