Hi
I have a solr-cloud cluster with a big collection, after startup (no any
search/index operations), its jvm memory usage is 9GB (via top: RES).

Cluster and collection info:
each host: total 64G mem, two solr nodes with -xmx=15G
collection: total 9B billion docs (but each doc is very small: only some
bytes), total size 3TB.

My question is:
Is the 9G mem usage after startup normal? If so, I am worried that the follow
up index/search operations will cause an OOM error.
And how can I reduce the memory usage? Maybe I should introduce more host with
nodes, but besides this, is there any other solution?

Thanks.