On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 3:16 PM Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can use nested indexing and Index both types of documents in one core.
>
> https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_1/indexing-nested-documents.html

I had read that, but it doesn't really fit our needs right now.

I figured out how to do a join like so:

http://localhost8983/solr/debt/select?indent=on&rows=100&sort=id
asc&q=(debt_id:570856 OR reference_no: *570856*)&fq={!join from=debtor_id
to=debt_id fromIndex=dbtr}ssn1:12

However, what is the use case for Solr if you have already a database?

The use case is that we have an old search tool that uses the db, but it's
painfully slow, and it doesn't do fuzzy searches very well, or handle
things like searching for phone numbers without it relying on a lot of
regular expressions. A search engine speeds things up, and gets more
precise results.

Thanks,

Rhys