On 11/26/2019 2:17 PM, Christian Dannemann wrote:
Issue 1: I want to secure my server with basic authentication (that's why
I'm running on port 10539 at the moment, but that's not security ...

I've put a file security.json in
/opt/solr/server/solr/configsets/_default/conf, but that doesn't do
anything.

Your solr home appears to be /var/solr/data ... that is where you need to place the security.json file for a setup that is not running SolrCloud.

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_3/authentication-and-authorization-plugins.html#in-standalone-mode

If you install your Solr server in a network location where it cannot be reached by people you cannot trust, there is usually no need for security measures like authentication.

Issue 2: I would like to index a lot of emails that reside on a local imap
server (dovecot).

I've got no idea how to use the dataimport imap capability.

Thanks,
Shawn