: The problem is that I will have hundreds of users doing queries, and a
: continuous flow of document coming in.
: So a delay in warming up a cache "could" be acceptable if I do it a few times
: per day. But not on a too regular basis (right now, the first query that loads
: the cache takes 150s).
:
: However: I'm not sure why it looks not to be a good idea to update the caches

you can refresh the caches automaticly after updating, the "newSearcher"
event is fired whenever a searcher is opened (but before it's used by
clients) so you can configure warming queries for it -- it doesn't have to
be done manually (or by the first user to use that reader)

so you can send your updates anytime you want, and as long as you only
commit every 5 minutes (or commit on a master as often as you want, but
only run snappuller/snapinstaller on your slaves every 5 minutes) your
results will be at most 5minutes + warming time stale.

-Hoss