I’d urge you to consider moving the process from using ExtractingRequestHandler
(i.e. just sending the data to Solr) to doing the Tika parser externally.
ExtractingRequestHandler is a great way to get started, but I’ve often found
that I need much finer control over the process.

Here’s the full treatment:
https://lucidworks.com/post/indexing-with-solrj/

Best,
Erick