Thank you, Andrzej! I am going to try IN operand as a work around.

On 12/19/19, 10:17 AM, "Andrzej Białecki" <a...@getopt.org> wrote:

    Hi,

    For some strange reason global tags (such as “cores”) don’t support the
“nodeset” syntax. For “cores” the only supported attribute is “node”, and then
you’re only allowed to use #ANY or a single specific node name (with optional
“!" NOT operand), or a JSON array containing node names to indicate the IN
operand.

    The Ref Guide indeed is not very clear on that…

    > On 17 Dec 2019, at 21:20, Cao, Li <li_...@comcast.com> wrote:
    >
    > Hi!
    >
    > I am trying to add a cluster policy to a freshly built 8.3.0 cluster (no
collection added). I got this error when adding such a cluster policy

    > {
"set-cluster-policy":[{"cores":"<3","nodeset":{"sysprop.rex.node.type":"tlog"}}]}

    > Basically I want to limit the number of cores for certain machines with a
special environmental variable value.

    > But I got this error response:
    >
    > {
    >  "responseHeader":{
    >    "status":400,
    >    "QTime":144},
    >  "result":"failure",
    >  "WARNING":"This response format is experimental.  It is likely to change
in the future.",
    >  "error":{
    >    "metadata":[
    >      "error-class","org.apache.solr.api.ApiBag$ExceptionWithErrObject",

"root-error-class","org.apache.solr.api.ApiBag$ExceptionWithErrObject"],
    >    "details":[{
    >        "set-cluster-policy":[{
    >            "cores":"<3",
    >            "nodeset":{"sysprop.rex.node.type":"tlog"}}],
    >        "errorMessages":["No value present"]}],
    >    "msg":"Error in command payload",
    >    "code":400}}
    >
    > However, this works:
    >
    > { "set-cluster-policy":[{"cores":"<3","node":"#ANY"}]}
    >
    > I read the autoscaling policy documentations and cannot figure out why.
Could someone help me on this?