On 12/24/2019 10:45 AM, Nicolas Paris wrote:
 From my understanding, copy fields creates an new indexes from the
copied fields.
 From my tests, I copied 1k textual fields into _text_ with copyFields.
As a result there is no increase in the size of the collection. All the
source fields are indexed and stored. The _text_ field is indexed but
not stored.

This is a great surprise but is this behavior expected ?

The action of changing the schema makes zero changes in the index. It merely changes how Solr interacts with the index.

If you want the index to change when the schema is changed, you need to restart or reload and then re-do the indexing after the change is saved.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/HowToReindex

Thanks,
Shawn